Course 1: Getting started with API AutoFlow
4 min read · 16 min video
Lesson 2: Navigation and Hello World!
- Overall how to navigate and use the product
- Create a Hello World solution together
API AutoFlow is divided into five (5) panes.
- [A] Navigation (Left): Tabs to each section. Components are created in the sections for use in the solution.
- [B] Solution Canvas (Center-Top): Center-Top is the workspace where most of the creation is done.
- [C] Settings (Center-Bottom): Setting pane for the selected actions, servers, and endpoints.
- [D] Actions & Simulation (Right-Top): Collection of the actions that users can drag and drop to the Solution Canvas. Data simulation is used to create mock data for each flow.
- [E] Data, Log & Help (Right-Bottom): Snapshot of the selected action’s data received. Logs for flows with action data/log are applied. Help when the question icon is clicked.
Let’s create a Hello World! solution
1. Click on the Solution tab on the left navigation pane 2. Create an HTTP server by clicking on the drop-down
3. Create an Endpoint by clicking on the same drop-down and selecting the server just created
4. From the right pane, click on the Actions tab.
5. click on the data category.
6. Scroll down or search for set action and drag and drop to the solution canvas.
Note: dataset action simply sets a value to the solution flow.
7. Turn on the development mode to visualize the data
8. In the settings for the action, enter
Hello World! in the properties and in the output enter response > body